Training is something that isn’t in short supply in most network marketing companies, but the challenge most networkers face is that the methods shown to new business builders have not really progressed over the past 50+ years. When you join a network marketing business you’re typically told to write down your 100 closest friends and business contacts, invite them to a home/phone/hotel presentation, sign up the interested people, rinse and repeat.
That method of building a business works great for people who have a lot of influence, but as people change and technology evolves you have to look at different ways to build your team in the new Social Media-oriented world.
When I got my first dose of MLM training about 7 years ago, I was told to just do what the successful people did and then I’d be successful too. If you take that statement broadly there’s a lot of truth to it but, in my opinion, it’s oversimplified. Take someone like John D. Rockefeller or Henry Ford. If they were alive today, they’d have to build their empires differently than they did in the 19th and 20th centuries respectively, because people and their needs are constantly changing and evolving.
This truth applies to your business as well.
Today, we have different laws and regulations, and we increasingly build relationships and communicate with other people through technology. Here are 5 network marketing keys which will help you build an MLM training guideline for you and your downline which will encourage you to reach the top levels of your company.
1. Locate a mentor who’s currently building a huge downline. It’s great to have a mentor who built a huge organization 30 years ago since they could still give you some good tips on closing your prospects or how to motivate a large organization. That’s a good thing to have, but could they still build a massive downline if they had to start from scratch today? I’d bet no, because you can’t expect to put together a massive team by finding only 30-40 frontline distributors anymore. Learn from someone who is building a successful organization in today’s competitive environment.
2. Use technology to leverage your efforts automatically. Which one would you choose: wandering around Barnes and Noble to talk to a a couple people, or sharing your business with a thousand people per week who are currently looking for a business, even when you’re sleeping?
3. Learn how to produce large numbers of leads with sites like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. When you know how to use these social networks THE RIGHT WAY, it’s absolutely possible for you to create a six figure income in half the time or less than it took 25 years ago.
4. Accept that you need larger numbers to create sufficient leverage. As I touched on, there was a time when you could put together a huge team by sponsoring only 30-40 people, but that’s not the case anymore. The good news is MLM recruiting is actually easier today than it’s ever been since it’s now a commonly accepted business model. Through technology, it’s entirely possible to personally recruit more distributors in a year than most successful reps used to do in 5 years.
5. Build your business for as long as it takes. I know you’ve heard that the only way to fail in MLM (or anything for that matter) is to quit. Yes, it’s a cliche’ but that’s because it’s true! When you find the right training through a good mentor and stick to building your business no matter what, network marketing has an exciting success rate. Starting today, make an iron-clad pact with yourself that you’ll do what it takes to make yourself a network marketing success story. You can do it!
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
PS: To learn cutting-edge lead generation and marketing strategies (unless you already have too many leads) – Click Here For Instant Access
Follow Me On Twitter: Etieno Etuk
Wanna Work With Me? – Watch This Video
If you enjoyed this blog post on keys to building a monster MLM organization, retweet and comment please.