A few days ago, I listened to a Webinar training done by a top income earner in the Network Marketing industry, Adam Chandler. I took notes and would like to share those with you. You see, as entrepreneurs, we get paid for results and not for time. It’s very important that we use the time we devout to our business in very productive and very leveraged ways. In this post, I will be sharing with you some productivity tips, tips that will help you stay on task.
It could be very easy to check your email twenty, thirty times a day or interact for hours on Facebook and before you know it you’ve got 3 to 4 hours that have gone by and you haven’t accomplished anything. That’s not how we move forward in our business. We’ve got to make sure that the time we devout to our business is spent in a productive manner.
In the Webinar, Adam spelled out some productivity rules that if followed can lead to tremendous results in your business. These rules are:
1. Failing to plan is planning to fail. You must set goals and tasks for the month, the week and the day. Do you have a plan? At the end of the day, you could set up a plan for the 4 tasks you will be getting done the next day. This keeps you on track to produce the following day. You’ve got to know where you’re going if you’re going to get there.
2. Use a stopwatch or a timer – 60 minute intervals. It’s amazing how much you can get done in a single hour when you this. If you don’t finish your task in the hour, move on. Finish it the next day when you have that activity scheduled.
3. 90% of your time must be spent on money making activities ie writing or producing content, placing ads, driving online traffic and following up with prospects. That’s it!
4. Multitasking is not efficient. It actually lessens your IQ.
5. Avoid distractions at all costs. Let your voice mail do its job.
6. Create routines for everything you do.
7. Take 10 minute breaks every hour. During the 10 minute break step outside and get some fresh air, get a drink of water, take sometimes to reflect on how you could be more productive, clear your mind and get back to your next activity.
8. Time management is a misnomer. You must manage yourself in time.
9. Drink water and get fresh air. Again, you can do this on your 10 minute break.
10. Exercise is vital. If you don’t do it you will have no energy. You will have more energy throughout the day if you exercise.
11. Eliminate energy robbers like junk food and crappy food. Also eliminate people that can rob your energy.
12. Get up and go to bed at the same time every day. Routine is imperative. Sleep patterns are very important.
13. Email rule #1 – Emails do not make money. Check and reply to emails at the beginning and the end of every day. Not in between. Constantly checking emails is the #productivity KILLER for the online business owner.
14. Email rule #2 – Never spend more than 30 minutes per day on your emails.
15. Plan your learning and productivity as two separate activities. Understand that training is important to move forward in our businesses. Understand that training is not a money making activity. Make sure that you don’t do training as a way to procrastinate and put off the leveraged activites that will move your business forward.
16. Phone call rule #1 – Call leads/prospects on the same day. The sooner the better. Get back to them while you and your offer is fresh in their mind.
17. Phone call rule #2 – Block out 1 to 5 hours per day to connect with prospects, depending on your amount of time and amount of business.
18. Always schedule time for family, friends and whoever. Having a balanced life is essential.
19. Take your spouse/partner to dinner at least once per week. Reward them for the sacrifices they are making to improve your lives.
20. MINDSET BEFORE MARKETING! 1 hour per day on personal development. If you are short on time, you can combine your physical exercise and your personal development.
21. Pick one or two strategies and master them before you move on to a new strategy. If you’re productive and efficient it should take about 90 days to master a specific task.
22. Set aside at least one hour per day on marketing training. Especially if you’re brand new. Remember this is a non money making activity. It is important, but you must put more time and energy into implementing strategies.
23. Set a schedule and stick to it.
What you want to do is set up your goals and set dates you would like to accomplish those goals. For example, if you’re new to the industry, you can set a goal as to when you would like to have generated your first 10 leads online.
Also, set up your schedule and stick to it. You could use a spread sheet and set up your schedule in blocks of time that you will be working. Don’t forget to prospect. This is the most important part of your business. You’ve got to be talking to people on a regular basis so you can hit the numbers in this business.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
PS: If Your Upline Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) - Click Here For Instant Access
Follow Me On Twitter: Etieno Etuk
Wanna Work With Me? – Watch This Video
If you enjoyed this blog post on productivity tips from a top income earner, retweet and comment please.