Ten Things I Learned From Harry N. Stout This Weekend
I’m so excited to share with you some success principles that will skyrocket your business profits. The whole of yesterday, I spent with some amazing people. It was a couple of hours of training by some of the most brilliant minds in the world of Financial Services/Life Insurance. I was thrilled by the value that was put forth that the presenters at this event. I took copious notes and wish to share them with you my viewers. And why would I choose to do this? Because I care about your success and I’m quite excited about what this information can do for you and your business if you study it and apply it to your business or life.
The event I attended was put together by mentors, Alex Ruiz & Kameron Kimmel-Ruiz. Just a little bit about this wonderful couple. Kameron Kimmel is a native Texan who grew up always searching for more and asking a lot of questions. When she was in college, she was extremely bored and looking to know how to own a business where she could help many people across the world. She happened to fall into the Financial Industry when she was still in college, a little over 9 years ago and never left. She has had incredible mentors along the way which led her to build her first business to $5 million a year in the industry before the age of 27. Through that process she has helped several families along with helping several people over $100,000 a year. She then fell into another company coming into their number 2 spot fairly quickly only to realize that the way they did things was not right. While with that company she met her husband, Alex Ruiz, who is a legend in the home business industry. Alex was born in New Jersey and is a first generation American. His mom is from Cuba and his Father is from Spain. That’s where he gets his slight temper, will and determination. He is a Father of 3 incredible children and would not trade that for the world. He has always been extremely driven and although life has not always been easy he has always come out on top. Alex has taken many successful businesses to the top and has also recruited thousands of people into an industry that he has always been passionate about because it gave him his freedom of time and money. He got a taste of what it was like to spend time with his kids. Because of his success in business, he has been able to go to their lunches, games, and was able to go on field trips while other parents were at work.
Realities of Life Insurance
You may think that you do not need your personal Life Insurance policy because you have coverage through your employer. The truth is that your employer typically provides you with coverage for 1 1/2 times your annual salary. Now, if you get fired, quit or retire, the coverage doesn’t go with you.
People often assume that only the primary breadwinner needs to be insured. This is not true. In this day and age where it is very common to come across two income households, insuring one person(the primary breadwinner) is not the best option. The reason is because both people contribute to the household like taking care of the kids and all. If one of the partners dies or becomes critically ill, it takes a toll on the family tremendously.
Some people think that they do not need life insurance because they do no have dependents. However, it is often highly suggested that they consider some level of coverage to take care of loved ones or help causes they are passionate about.
Life insurance can be a source of supplemental income when a client retires, while still providing a death benefit as well. The proceeds from a life insurance policy can be used to pay for long-term care if one becomes ill as they approach their golden years. I learned that the average amount someone needs to have to get quality long-term care is close to a quarter of a million dollars after retirement age. It is sad to learn that about 50 percent of people in the US have less than $10,000 saved for retirement.
WHY DID I CHOOSE TO GET STARTED IN THE LIFE INSURANCE INDUSTRY?
My background is in business. I have two business degrees(in Accounting & in Finance). Shortly after I got my MBA(in Finance) from the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas, I figured that owning your own business was the American dream. I learned everything I could from other business owners and networked like crazy to find resources, tools and leaders who would hold me by the hand and walk me through how to recognize trends in the market place and how to make them work to my advantage. Around 2013, I got a call from my mentor, Alex Ruiz. He told me how much money he was making in the Life Insurance industry. That got my attention. I studied for about two weeks, took and passed the exam and got licensed with the Texas Department of Insurance and haven’t looked back since.
Here are some reasons why plugging into the Life Insurance industry made sense to me:
- There is a huge need for new sales and marketing blood in the industry. The average age of an agent is new over 56 years of age.
- A new face-to-face approach is needed to reach customers and educate them on how to secure their families.
- The insurance business is about trust and relationship, as well as integrity and honesty.
- The more you learn, the more you earn.
- It offered me the opportunity to learn how money works and how the concept of delayed gratification can help one build a dynasty.
If you want to be successful in the Insurance business or in any business for that matter, there are four keys to success you need to master. They are:
- Being coach able.
Your mindset has got to change if you want to be a success. Remember, nothing changes until something changes. Develop your WHY and make sure that it is deep enough to make you cry.
You must motivate yourself. No one will do it for you. Yes, people can speak and pump you up but ultimately you have a part to play in motivating yourself. Don’t expect anyone else to do it from you. It MUST come from within if you are to succeed in business and in life.
Start out by writing out your WHY and be sure to share it with your accountability partner. Your accountability partner cannot be your husband or wife or close relatives because these people won’t be driven to hold you accountable for the achievement of your goals and dreams.
Here are ten things I learned from the CEO of InVida, Harry N. Stout, this weekend:
- You can’t succeed without a team of people Success is basically a team sport.
- We’re in a place in our country where most people’s financial situations are broken. Most Americans have less than $10,000 saved for their retirement. SCARY!
- The Life Insurance industry needs new blood as older insurance agents are retiring at the rate of about 60,000 of them every year. Wow!
- The Insurance industry is valued at over $6.1 trillion in assets.
- Only 30 percent of Americans have some kind of budget for managing their finances.
- Only 1 out of 4 people have a trusted financial advisor.
- Your job as a business owner is to position solutions to meet the needs of your prospective clients.
- Approximately 30 percent of the population have no life insurance and as such when they pass away, they leave their families with a huge financial burden.
- 69 percent of customers do not know that life insurance benefits are often tax-free.
- People often are interested in protecting their families whenever life events occur. These are events like marriage, birth of a child, job change, milestone birthday, home purchase, loss of a loved one, divorce, etc. Life events are important periods that trigger re-evaluation of life insurance. Within 1 year of a life event, 78 percent of people purchase a new life insurance policy.
To be successful in Life Insurance, you have to see your WHY to SEIZE IT!
Be specific on what you want. Also be specific on what you intend to give in return. For example, how many hours a week are you willing to put into your business? When will this time be? How many hours of personal development are you committed to daily?
Your willingness to accept direction and listen to constructive criticism is called “being coachable.” No matter how old you are or how young you think you are, if you are to become a success, you have to be flexible. Be open to humbling yourself to learn from people that have gone before you. They have made all the mistakes and they can help you shave off your learning curve and avoid the mistakes they made.
Remember: You must be SPECIFIC to be DYNAMIC!
Create a definite plan and begin at once, whether you are ready or not. Everything you need is within you and within reach. Choose your friends wisely because they can make or break you. Stay around people who are positive, pumped up and fired up about life. They will lift you up when you fall.
Don’t forget to write your goals down where you can see them and read them twice daily and believe that they are already happening to you.
Practice what you preach.
Use your leaders.
Purchase your product and approach your business with compassion, honesty and integrity.
TEN STEPS TO SUCCESS WITH INVIDA
If you would like to have success with us at InVida, you MUST do the following ten things:
- You must join.
- Get your licensing process started.
- Get your financial house in order by getting the proper life insurance coverage, critical illness coverage and proper retirement/college funding for your family.
- Familiarize yourself with your back office once you sign up.
- Believe to achieve. Plug into the system.
- Build your list.
- Prospecting must become a way of life.
- Invite the prospect to a qualified meeting in your area.
- Follow up and follow through.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 and plug in your new agents.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook
“I Teach You the Mindset & Marketing Strategies to Make A Lot More Money and Follow Your Dreams!”
If you enjoyed this post on ten things I learned from Harry N. Stout this weekend, retweet and comment please.