In network marketing, you are involved in representing a product or service. You need to know how to identify your customer’s needs and to fill those needs. You have to become an expert at finding a problem and providing a solution to that problem. Once you’re able to do this, you will have success in the industry. In this post, I will be sharing with you some tips on how to recognize your customer’s needs.
While trying to help your customers, you should recognize there are 2 sides to their needs: the immediate need and the underlying concern.
The immediate need is your customer’s specific complaint about their current condition. It is the most apparent and expressed need of the customer. This is the need you will use to determine the right product to offer the customer.
The underlying concern is the reason the immediate need bothers the customer. When you understand this, you will be able to show the customer the benefits of using your product.
Recognizing Customer Needs
Although many customer may express immediate needs without you asking, not all of them will. But to find out their underlying concerns you probably will have to ask why that need bothers them.
Steps To Recognizing Customer Needs
- Ask questions. The only way you are going to recognize customer needs is to ask questions. Asking questions allows you to learn more about the customers, their needs, and concerns. Don’t ask questions that only require a yes or no response. Those questions don’t allow customers to talk. Ask open-ended questions that require the customer to give you more information. The only way you are going to really find out about customer concerns is if you let the customer lead. Then all you have to do is respond.
- Listen to the customer. Although asking questions is the first step, you need to follow through by listening to your customer. When you are truly listening, you are attempting to understand your customers from their perspective. Try these techniques: – lean forward to focus on the customer, make eye contact with the customer and avoid interrupting them when they’re speaking.
You need to listen closely and ask clarifying questions to verify the customer’s need. Many people have difficulty fully expressing their needs the first time around.
When you feel that you have recognized a need, ask more questions to confirm the needs. Say things like:
- So if I’m hearing you correctly, you are saying that…..
- It seems that you feel….
- Am I right in saying that you are concerned about….
Recognizing your customer’s needs is key to knowing how to meet those needs. It is one of the most important aspects of selling.
In summary, you’ve learned to:
- Listen effectively
- Ask questions that help you identify customer needs
- Recognize and confirm those needs.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
PS: If Your Upline Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) - Click Here For Instant Access
Follow Me On Twitter: Etieno Etuk
Wanna Work With Me? – Watch This Video
If you enjoyed this blog post on tips on how to recognize your customer’s needs, retweet and comment please.